Friday, April 9, 2010

A Night of Firsts

Tonight was definetly a night of firsts! It was the first night for "Around the World in 80(ish) recipes." I decided to start out in our very own America. I found this wonderful cookbook at the library called five ingredient fix. For dinner tonight was salmon with butternut squash BBQ sauce and corn. Upon reading the recipe, I was skeptical to say the least. But it actually turned out quite nice. I just used some butternut squash that we froze last summer, instead of the butternut squash soup. The BBQ sauce completed the salmon. So, it was the first time I ever cooked on a grill by myself (the only other time was pineapple) The other part of the dinner was char-broiled red onions. I was really skeptical about this part as well, but I really liked it! You basically slice some red onion rings and then season them with salt and pepper and broil them. It was really good...and this is coming from someone that usually doesn't like plain onions. I was really surprised at how well this meal turned out! It was definetly intersting!

No comments:

Post a Comment